(CAMERON) A Cameron family is displaced after a Monday evening fire here in town.
Cameron Fire Department responded just after 5PM Monday to a home at 807 S. College. According to Cameron Fire Chief Henry Horelica, the fire started in a bathroom and spread into the attic. The bathroom was totally burned and the attic sustained major heat and smoke damage. A hallway and the rest of the home also sustained some heat and smoke damage. Horelica said the house, owned by Michael and Rita Elliott, was damaged enough to make it untenable. The fire is thought to have sparked due to an electrical short. Crews were on scene about 2 hours but had to return around 9PM because of a rekindle. Horelica said the tenant, Rose Foley, and her family were not at home at the time and no one was hurt. The family is currently displaced. The Foley family lost everything and if anyone would like to donate clothes to her or her children, call 254-482-2535.